All the stories are done as books, I think everyone realizes that by looking at the old threads. Technically, they're story archs.
Book 1 was A Fall From Grace Would Suit You Well. Lucifer was supposed to have said that to Gabriel at some point in the book, he never did. Gabriel was supposed to respond with "Well you can crawl straight back to hell", of course we never got the chance.
- that's actually a line from a London After Midnight song, Revenge.
The Road to Hell originally had a different title, we changed it a few posts in. Aftermath did as well, but I changed it a few days ago.... I can't be creative when I'm drunk. It is also a line from a song...
Which brings us too... how many (and from what artist/song/album) chapter titles are named after EBM/Goth/Industrial bands/songs/albums:
- The Road to Hell: From VNV Nation's song 'Chrome'. It just seemed to fit having taken fallen angels out of hell to see if they could make it back to hell (All creation has a promise of heaven, but still you travel the road to hell)
- Serenity is the Devil: From Icon of Coil's song 'Serenity is the Devil'. Also the album's name.
- Grant Me Wings: From VNV Nation's song 'My Beloved' (Grant me wings that I might fly, this restless soul is longing)
- Millennium: From Killing Joke's song 'Millennium' (also from the original stories that no one has had access to, Millennium actually follows
very closely at most points that story) (All my life, I've been waiting, for this moment to come, taste the salt of my tears, take the wealth of my
years, singing in the millennium with you)
- Return to Innocence (1&2): From Enigma's song 'Return to Innocence' (also meant to be a bit of a play on words)
- Yahweh (Why the Dark Before the Dawn): From U2's 'Yahweh'. We were stuck and couldn't think of a title and I was listening to the How to
Dismantle the Atomic Bomb album at the time (obviously)
- Contradictions and Predictions: From Killing Joke's 'Millennium' . Sev picked it because Contradictions and Predictions is prelude to the
Millennium chapter. (Contradictions and predictions abound, yes I believe we can turn this around)
- Every Time A Church Bell Rings: From Carter USM's 'Every Time A Churchbell Rings' and obviously it's an old saying but something about the Carter song... I had to name it that even though the song is about suicide (here's to you JimBob and Fruity 'Every time a churchbell rings another angel gets his wings') WHOP BYE OH YEAH YEAH!
- The Extent of My Sin: From Nine Inch Nail's 'Sin', it just seemed to work for when Uzziel was describing the worst sin he committed (It comes down to this, your kiss, your fist, and the strain that gets under my skin, within taken, the extent of my sin')
- Ancient Places: It's from a Llevellers song, I just can't remember the name (Do I belong to some ancient race, I like to walk in ancient places, these are things that I can't understand). Also worked well for being in the ruins of an ancient city.
- Chess: 'And the queens we use would not excite you' (ahh... the 80's... think One Night in Bangkok...)
- A Candle Rhyme: From Skinny Puppy's 'Candle'. Sev was naming everything after Skinny Puppy songs (A candle rhyme, to realign, turns out, shadows on the wall, seize the moment, reach')
- (Chasing the Ghost prelude) Halo: From Collide's Halo (Your halo has shifted) as well as how Nine Inch Nails numbered his albums (Halo 1, Halo 2,
- Ein Kliene Nachtmuzik: Mozart... of course
- Mea Culpa: From Enigma's 'Mea Culpa' (Don't ask me to put in the verse, it's in french)
- Let the Devil Take Me: From Seraphim Shock's 'Morningstar' (Let the devil take me if he'll have me [spoken])
The most posts any of the chapters has gone is 770 (Grant Me Wings)
The original concept for the RP was based off of The Prophecy (the original, not any of the sequels) but it's so loosely based I will not mention it in the board descripition. However, I did purposely start Millennium just so we could include the word Prophecy in the tags. People have noticed the resemblance.
Lucifer's appearance did a 180 and he changed about everything about his physical features.
Michael wasn't supposed to appear until much later in the story. We needed something to drive the plot and show the tension between Gabriel and heaven.
Gabriel is not supposed to be in grace, he was to remain out of Grace and on earth for the major part of the RP.... it didn't work plot wise.
Michael and Gabriel are still meant to be fighting, the characters couldn't because the way the plot went.
Last July we figured out that only about 2 weeks has past (at this point, probably about 2 and a 1/2 weeks) in story time. The RP was started 3 years ago technically.
The actual 'unofficial' year of the story is 2006... roughly some time in late October.
The Hell storyline didn't work as originally intended.
Return to Innocence storyline was a bad idea (and may be written out).
Most of the titles of the story were supposed to be somehow mentioned in the chapter itself... most aren't as we couldn't figure out a sly way to put them in.
In most stories there's a line from a song quoted by one of the characters conversationally. That started since Lucifer was supposed to say 'A fall from Grace would suit you well', since then we've picked a song and dared each other to work it in (ie when Gabriel said "My... you're pretty when you cry..." to Rakhaniel.). We got away from that.
When in hell, Lucifer's signature always says "Just give me what I want and no one gets hurt", Niv was listening to U2's Vertigo.
Since Gabriel has been ruling hell, Lucifer's sig has not said that, but Gabriel's has.
Hizkiel was supposed to be a goth... black hair and quiet and moody. Sev took the character from a picture of Cevin Key where Key was looking insane (and in that picture Ogre was looking as if he was about to loose control to laughter). That was the inspiration for Izzy's insane personality and his appearance.
We never intended for Satan to have a child, Steph threw a wrench in that plan, but it's so much more fun and gave us something more to drive Satan's hatred of Lucifer.
Lucifer was never meant to reveal exactly what happened that caused his fall.
Dante and Chloe were meant to be a couple. They never will at this point.
Originally Gabriel said he never remembered what happened when he was playing the role of the Holy Spirit. Since I wrote that the Holy Spirit has appeared three times and all times Gabriel has remembered everything except for when he 'fell asleep'.